Thursday, October 6, 2011

Arrival in the Thirteen Months of Sunshine

Hey everyone!

Well, it's official: I'm finally in Ethiopia! Sorry it took me so long to get this blog started, but I've been pretty busy the past week. At any rate, I'm in Addis Ababa, the capitol of Ethiopia, and having a great time.

The trip so far has been pretty amazing. With the exception of bonding with the 20 best Peace Corps volunteers ever, the travel and staging in Philadelphia were pretty straightforward and uneventful. We got to Addis Ababa yesterday, so today was our first day of real training and its crazy how exciting the next ten weeks are going to be. Today alone I've learned I'm only allowed to eat, give, and accept things with my right hand (difficult), eaten my first real Ethiopian food (delicious), and had two interviews with Peace Corps staff here (intense). We were exhausted by five o'clock but it was too early to go to bed, so what did we do? Wind down with some Taboo, charades, and Apples to Apples of course. All of this excitement since waking up at 6am this morning while jet lagged.... and this is only day one. Can you see why I'm loving it?!?

Based on what I've learned today alone, I know training is going to be fun but extremely challenging. Our schedules are pretty busy, so unfortunately I won't be able to post on the blog often. But that will make it all the better, as I will be able to share all of my best stories with you all. I'll do my best to try and post once a week, but if I miss a week I know you won't be too upset. ;-) And now it's 11pm and bedtime (we're 8 hours ahead of TX over here), so I'm gonna have to catch everyone later! I love and miss you all, and I'm so honored for everyone taking the time to find out how my time is going.

Ishee. Bakaa. Ciao!
(Ok. Enough. Bye!)

1 comment:

  1. There are… things which a man is afraid to tell even to himself, and every decent man has a number of such things stored away in his mind.
    Flights to Windhoek
    Cheap Flights to Windhoek
    Cheap Air Tickets to Windhoek

    ReplyDelete